Terms & conditions of hillyTech Hackathon
Objectives of the Hackathon
The product content to be submitted during presentation to the jury member if the team passes all the elimination rounds should be in a ready proof of concept form or TRL 8 in a whole. Any product/idea/application found not satisfying to the above-mentioned expectation can be disqualified if the committee members decide to do so.
The Product Content refers to any element or constituent of the Product including its idea, concept, any content used in presenting the product, software code, blueprints, designs, technical documentation, or any relevant content.
- The Hackathon is open to all participants those who have a passion for hardware and/orSoftware Development, are interested in technology and innovation, and have an interesting project or idea.
- Participation in the Hackathon is open to participants in India who must have a National ID. In the event a team that wishes to participate, all the members will be considered Participants however the team shall elect one member to be the Principal Participant or Team Leader (“Principal Participant”) who will be presented the prize in case of winning with no liability on HillyTech on how the prize will be split between the team members.
Requirements for acceptance and rules of participation
- Registering for the hackathon is a must.
- Participants wishing to sign up for the hackathon must complete the online registration form, indicating the personal details of the Team Leader and each team member. All Participants must accept the event regulations and grant consent for the handling of their personal information and its use by HillyTech.
- Participants shall ensure that the personal information provided upon registration online is true and accurate with no liability on HillyTech in case of its inaccuracy.
- The admission of teams to the competition is on a first-come, first-served basis combined with the most innovative pitch and Technology chosen, and is to be limited to no more than 5 members per team.
- The teams competing may include a Multidisciplinary team, might include other skillsets as needed to develop the prototype and then proof of concept which in turn can attract benefit points during final evaluation.
- If the information provided during online registration is found to be incomplete and/or inaccurate, even if related to just one team member, the entire team concerned will be excluded from the competition.
- Any Monetary Transactions done for HillyTech by the Participants is Non-Refundable in any case or scenarios.
- The members of each team undertake not to present any copied projects that have previously been submitted to other initiatives or projects that have been presented at previous HillyTechor non-HillyTech Hackathon.
- Participants should provide a working proof of concept. The cost of the prototype shall be borne by the participants if needed.
- Participants should consider customizing their hardware components into PCB so as to decrease form factor and thereby attract benefit points during final evaluation.
- Teams should start working on their ideas after approval by HillyTech’s Panel which will be sorted by a pitch during initial days of hackathon.
- Each Participant must bring or obtain whatever hardware and/or software they believe they need to participate in the hackathon (e.g., laptops, phones, sensors etc), including any necessary chargers. Event participants will be held liable for any damage caused to people or property with no liability on HillyTech.
The panel of judges
The panel will consist of a mix of HillyTech Executives and guest members from other institutions and industry. A panel of 8 to 10 people with relevant expertise will be responsible for judging Entries. The Entries will be judged according to the following criteria:
- Originality/creativity (20%)
- Innovation/USP (20%)
- Prior Art/Review of Literature (15%)
- Strategic thinking including business model (15%)
- Practical implementation and outer aesthetics for hardware applications and/or UI/UX for software applications (30%)
Winners shall be chosen strictly according to the majority votes of the panel of judges’ discretion.
Intellectual property rights, guarantees, and release of responsibility by participating in the hackathon and accepting these Regulations, each participant hereby:
- Declares that the Product or Product Content is an original work and in no way violates, in whole or in part, the intellectual or industrial property rights of others and releases HillyTech from any responsibility, liability, or request for compensation for damages that should be made by any third party;
- Acknowledges that Product or Product Content presented is the property of the Participant, which takes full responsibility for ensuring such rights of ownership, intellectual property, and originality within the limits of the law (e.g. filing of patents and other such registrations as appropriate).
HillyTech may elect to contact any of the Participants at any point in time for more information and to discuss potential forms of collaboration.
Registration and confirmation process:
Participants MUST submit their application before the announced deadline on the website and the selected teams shall receive a confirmation email from HillyTech one week or less before the event start date.
- The Participants hereby agree and acknowledge that any photos, videos, and/or other recordings taken during the Hackathon can and will be used by HillyTech and that HillyTech shall have a perpetual, irrevocable, sub-licensable, transferable right to copy, use, display, and publish the photos, any videotaped, photographed, and/or recorded materials in which you appear in any online, electronic and/or print format (including but not limited any social media sites or platforms) for any educational and/or promotional purposes of HillyTech and/or its Hackathon vendors, contractors, content partners and/or sponsors.
- At any time, in the sole and absolute discretion of HillyTech, it shall be entitled to disqualify a Participant and/or Team in the event of a failure to meet relevant eligibility criteria or any other violation or suspected violation of these Terms and Conditions.
- HillyTech will determine participation eligibility, declare winners (including but not limited to in the event of a tie), and award prizes in its sole and absolute discretion. You agree that such decisions are final and are not subject to review or reconsideration.
- All prizes will be net of any taxes applicable or required by law to be withheld; to the extent permitted by law.
- The Participants must comply with all applicable HillyTech policies including but not limited to the HillyTech Code of Conduct, HillyTech Physical Security Policy, etc… HillyTech reserves the right to expel any individual from the premises or to remove the individual from the Hackathon if the individual is not authorized to participate or be present at the Hackathon is violating any of HillyTech Policies, is violating these Terms and Conditions, and/or is otherwise disruptive or engaging in activities detrimental to the conduct of the Hackathon, all as determined by HillyTech in its sole discretion.
- The Hackathon is made available on an AS-IS, WHERE-IS, and any implied warranties or duties are hereby disclaimed. HillyTech can discontinue the Hackathon, or suspend or postpone the Hackathon, at any time in its sole discretion.
- The Hackathon and these Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of India and any claims or disputes relating to the Hackathon and/or these Terms and Conditions must be settled exclusively in the competent Indian court.
- To the maximum extent permitted under applicable law, HillyTech, its directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, vendors, contractors, content partners, and sponsors (collectively, “Indemnitees”) shall not be liable for any damages, losses, or claims resulting from any person’s participation (or attempted participation) in the Hackathon and are not responsible for technical problems or technical malfunction or other occurrences which may affect the operation of the Hackathon.
- The Participants agree to indemnify and hold harmless Indemnitees from and against any claims, suits, actions, losses, expenses, damages, penalties, and costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees resulting from any actual or alleged violation of these Terms and Conditions by your participation in the Hackathon.
- If any portion of these Terms and Conditions is determined by any court or governmental agency of competent jurisdiction to violate applicable law or otherwise not to conform to requirements of the law, then the rest of these Terms and Conditions will remain in effect and the parties will substitute a suitable and equitable provision for the invalid/unenforceable provision to carry out the original intent and purpose of the original Terms and Conditions.
- You may not assign, delegate or transfer your registration for the Hackathon and/or any of your rights or obligations under these Terms and Conditions. Any attempted assignment, delegation, or transfer shall be void.
- These Terms and Conditions (which, for clarification, include the Privacy Statement and all other terms incorporated by reference into these Terms and Conditions), together with any Hackathon registration represent your entire agreement with HillyTech concerning the Hackathon. These terms cannot be modified or changed except with the written agreement of HillyTech.