Guidelines for HillyTech Hackathon
- Attendees from all backgrounds, genders, and geographies are welcome.
- There are no age restrictions to attend the hackathon unless you are under 18, your parents/legal guardian should authorize you to attend the hackathon.
- Committee members are not eligible to participate in the hackathon.
- There are no nationality restrictions except your country should not be in the prohibited list issued by the Indian diplomatic relations.
- Teams can consist of a maximum five members.
- All teams should consider creating a multi-disciplinary team which in turn can attract benefits related to marks allotment during the elimination rounds.
- Changes to team members are not permitted after Registration, unless the reason is found very legitimate by the committee.
- No development must start before the actual date and time of the event. Any teams that is found violating this rule will be automatically disqualified. However, we encourage you to do brainstorming and make frameworks for your proposal before hand.
- Any software development tools, game engine, IDE, and/or programming language can be used for the event which confirm to the Creative Commons License agreement standard or are freely available and/or you have license to use them. Proof of license must be submitted upon request.
- Assets, SDKs, APIs or other tools available under a trial license may be used.
- A team can submit only one entry for the hackathon. Participation at the hackathon is subjected on a “per-team” basis which means you are not allowed to be on more than one team during the event.
- A team must not build applications that violate the code of conduct i.e. Promoting racism, sexuality, nudity, etc. in any form.
- Only registered teams will be allowed to submit their ideas.
- All the contents of the project should not be plagiarized and must be team’s own work.
- All teams should ensure submission of components in prescribed formats only during each stage of the hackathon.
- All the projects will be evaluated thoroughly by experts’ panel and marks will be allotted correspondingly.
- The decision made by the panel will be final, whereas teams can opt for feedback from the experts duly.
- On completion of the 3rd stage, at-least one member from each team will have to present their idea in front of judges.
Attendee Code of Conduct
- Our hackathon is dedicated to providing a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, we will not tolerate any kind of harassment in any form. Hackathon participants violating these rules will be immediately expelled from the hackathon at the discretion of the organizers and may also attract legal actions against them.
- Harassment includes offensive verbal comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, nationality, or religion, sexual images in public spaces, deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, photography or audio/video recording against reasonable consent, sustained disruption of talks or other events, inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention. Photography is encouraged, but other participants must be given a reasonable chance to opt out from being photographed. If they object to the taking of their photograph, comply with their request. It is inappropriate to take photographs in contexts where people have a reasonable expectation of privacy (in bathrooms or where participants are sleeping).
- Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately. As this is a hackathon, we like to explicitly note that the hacks created at our hackathon are equally subject to the anti-harassment policy. Sponsors and partners are also subject to the anti-harassment policy. In particular, sponsors should not use sexualized images, activities, or other material. Sponsor representatives (including volunteers) should not use sexualized clothing/ uniforms/costumes or otherwise, create a sexualized environment. If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a member of hackathon staff immediately. Hackathon staff will be happy to help participants contact any local security or local law enforcement, provide escorts, or otherwise assist those experiencing harassment to feel safe for the duration of the hackathon. We value your attendance. If a participant engages in harassing behavior, the hackathon organizers may take any action they deem appropriate. This includes warning the offender, expulsion from the hackathon with no refund (if applicable), or reporting their behavior to local law enforcement. We expect participants to follow these rules at hackathon and workshop venues and hackathon related social events.